Robotics: a branch of Technology that deals with the design, constructing, operation, and application of robots.
Robot: a machine capable of carrying out a complex series of actions automatically, especially one programmable by a computer.
It is no secret Robots are taking over. Well, taking over in a sense. Within the next 30 years, robots will have taken over most jobs. They will take over jobs that are repetitive, dangerous, and any other type of job that people could not be doing. Notice I mention, COULD NOT be doing. If we replace fire fighters with Robots, then that is one less person who COULD die trying to save someone’s life in a fire. We would just send a robot in to rescue the people.
The sooner you become interested in Robots, the better prepared you can be for when they are created. I have created a list of jobs that could be replaced by robots in the near future.
- Store Associates
- Fire Fighters- once again, imagine if we could just send someone to do the dangerous work. Not only fire fighters, but rescue teams. If someone is trapped somewhere, a robot can go save them. If designed correctly, the robot could save someone’s life and not put another person at risk.
There are also other reasons you should be interested in Robotics.
- It is fun to learn about. It opens you to a whole new world of learning.
- Helps introduce you to the IT field, and this is a great career path for you to follow, as they will be needed for centuries.
- Way of introducing programming. Almost every working electronic has to have some type of code in it in order for it to function.
- Provides skills that are useful in future employment.
- By learning robotics, it makes peoples lives easier who utilize them.
I personally create robots in my spare time, and I will be sharing my inventions here soon when I feel that they are ready to be presented. Being a Woman in the IT field is rare, being a Woman in Robotics is even rarer. Please help support me by following my posts, and help me prove to the world that women deserve a place at the table next to men.