I just wanted to mention that your health is incredibly important at all times. I recently attended a lecture that shared the concept that everything starts with your health. If you want to do anything, like travel for instance, you need to be physically able to do so, right? That is important. So I am going to share the tips I have learned over the years that have helped me stay healthy and has helped me accomplish a lot.
- Look after yourself. Keep in mind that you only have one body, so take care of it.
- Keep track of what you eat. Eating constant junk food will not only make you susceptible to sickness, but too much of it causes you to be overweight.
- Go to bed at a regular time, and sleep at least 7-8 hours a night. For some it is more, like me. I need to sleep for 9 hours a night in order to not feel exhausted the entire day. Keeping a regular sleep schedule can help you accomplish more.
- Remember that a lack of sleep can affect your stress levels, your hormone levels- which means you will be more likely to say something you will regret, your mental state- you will be groggy and accomplish less than what you are capable of, and your weight-you can actually eat more because your body is trying to gain more energy.
- Be positive. You are more productive when you are constantly positive rather than being negative. Just telling yourself you can do something can make all the difference on whether or not you do it.
- Take care of your mind. Health is not just physical, it is mental too. Take breaks when you need to. Wearing yourself out is not going to help you.
- Remember to smile. Forcing yourself to smile can actually make you happy.
- Remember to laugh. Natural laughing is great for you. It relieves stress and makes you happy.
- Set a time everyday to get in physical activity. I live in a really good neighborhood, and I run outside everyday, when it is not to hot or cold, around 8 at night. Know what works for you, and stick to it. Although, you should probably switch it up some to keep your body guessing.
If you follow these 9 steps, then you can stay healthy. All of these 9 steps can be followed while traveling. For instance, you could eat salmon and salad instead of that burger when you travel. OR you could utilize the free gym in the hotel you are staying in. Following these steps can help you be able to save money on health issues, but also help you stay healthy while traveling!